Prairie Circus Arts is seeking individuals interested in being on the Board of Directors.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people interested in serving on our Board of Directors as volunteers to guide the organization as we continue to grow. We are particularly in need of a Secretary and a Treasurer.
Board members are expected to actively contribute to the organization. Board meetings are held each month and generally run for two hours.
Directors are elected by members of the organization for a 1-year term which may be renewed. The elections are in November and the first board meeting would be in December.
Time Commitment: (6-10 hours per month)
* Accounting, finance, legal, marketing, grant writing, social media or communications
* Organized and accountable
* Non-profit board experience or prior volunteer experience
Specific Duties for Treasurer:
* Ensure that the organization maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that these are accurate and up-to-date
* Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and financial statements
* Ensure that the board regularly monitors the organization’s financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures
* Serve as a co-signer of cheques with at least one another signing officer
Specific Duties for Secretary:
* Producing and maintaining the records of the organization, including minutes of all meetings with attendance records and a registry of membership and contact information.
* Assist with emails and formatting/ editing documents as necessary.
Specific Duties for General Board Members:
General Board members help out however needed. We are particularly looking for people with legal expertise or grant writing experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer as a board member for Prairie Circus Arts.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day on October 30th.